The Fabrication Welder is an individual who involves in welding and fabricating metal assemblies and weldments for manufacturing purposes. Expertise in use of machine tools, pipe/tube welding, notching, welding equipment and hand tools to fabricate products. The fabricators use specifications, verbal instructions, technical drawings and print reading to weld/fabricate product. Good problem solving skills. Enjoy repetitive piece work. Candidates should have experience and knowledge of welding, structural brake forming and other fabrication processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Positioning, aligning, fitting, and welding parts for the formation of sub units or complete units using jigs, hand tools, and welding torches.
- Identifying information by recognizing similarities or differences, categorizing, estimating, and detecting modifications in events or circumstances.
- Locating and marking work piece cutting and bending lines, allowing for welding and machine shrinkage, stock thickness and any other component specifications.
- Providing detailed instructions, specifications, drawings or documentation to explain others about how the components are to be constructed, modified, maintained, assembled, or fabricated.
- Studying blueprints and engineering drawings to determine project task sequences and requirements.
- Laying out and examining metalwork pieces or stock to be processed for ensuring that client specifications are met.
- Handling, positioning, moving, and installing materials using arms and hands and manipulating things.
- Setting up and operating fabricating machines like rolls, brakes, flame cutters, drill presses, grinders, and shears to cut, form, drill, bend, and punch.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, or structures for identifying the cause of problems or errors or defects.
- Estimating distances, quantities, and sizes; determining costs, resources, materials or time needed to execute a work activity.
- Transcribing, storing, recording, maintaining, and entering information in electronic, written or magnetic form.
- Must have a high school diploma
- Certified welder is a plus
Familiar or have the love of the OFF-ROADING is a plus
Health Insurance, life insurance, vacation and 401K are available.
TO APPLY : Please visit our office at 491 W Garfield Ave in Coldwater to complete an application.
Sport Truck USA Inc. is a leading manufacturer and wholesale supplier of aftermarket lifted and offroad suspension products. These products are developed and sold through 4 divisions – BDS Suspension, Zone Offroad Products, JKS Manufacturing, 4×4 Posi-Lok and RT Pro. Sport Truck USA is a fast-growing company that operates solely out of our Coldwater, MI headquarters. Our company goal is to provide the highest quality products with the best customer service in the industry.