Sport Truck USA is a leading manufacturer and wholesale supplier of aftermarket suspension products and 4×4 accessories. These products are developed and sold through 5 divisions – BDS Suspension, Zone Offroad, JKS Mfg, RT Pro, and 4×4 Posi-Lok. Sport Truck USA is an wholly owned subsidiary of FOX Factory and operates out of Coldwater, MI. Our company goal is to provide the highest quality products with the best customer service in the industry.
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff on product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and costs to provide data for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing/planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in industrial, mechanical, or electrical engineering.
- Must be seasoned in Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing. Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM, SolidWorks.
- Experience in starting up new manufacturing operations as well as product transfers.
- Working experience in Toyota Production systems, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and implementation of these programs in facilities, with proven and measurable improvements.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product Not afraid to “get your hands dirty” working with all levels on an organization.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization effectively Robotic Weld, Press Brake, and Laser knowledge a plus Experience in APQP, PFMEA, Structured problem-solving a plus
Apply in person at 491 W Garfield Ave in Coldwater or email resume and cover letter to HR@sporttruckusainc.com. Be sure not to title your email as resume as it will get blocked by our spam blocker. Instead title the email with the open job position.
We look forward to hearing from you!